Monday, September 6, 2010

My New Hobby

I'm starting this blog in an attempt to make something out of my new obsession: Pullips.

Just buying them and putting them on display seems futile. Instead, I'm going to use them- and this blog- as a creative outlet. Something about them triggers my imagination, as well as eases my need to create "Art" with a capital A (something I've always been driven to attempt, yet have essentially been unable to create, due to my own fear of failure). Also, because I can't quite take Pullips (or this collecting hobby) seriously, and because they necessitate to some extent a certain sense of humor in order to allow myself to even indulge in them, they have dashed all the self-imposed grand aspirations I always held dear. I'm starting to see that as a good thing, because as long as I had those aspirations, I always felt unfit to achieve them. Now, I don't have to. So maybe at long last, I can finally get something creative done.

Yes, Pullips are trivial, frivolous, maybe even silly...!

And in spite of that... or for that... I love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment