Tuesday, September 7, 2010

What to do with your Pullip collection?

That question bugs me, it really does. It needs an answer. And it has to be a good answer*, in order to justify the costs this hobby incurs.

So, here's what I personally will do:

1)Catalog them. I know that's completely weird, and not even artistic or creative per-se. I just feel compelled to do it. So, I aim to post at least 3 initial photos of every doll I buy. NRFB photos, Stock & Accessory photos, and Face-Up photos.

2)Review them. Yes, yes, another nerdy one. But I feel compelled to put into writing descriptive details of the Pullips I buy and to document my opinions of each one.

3)Draw them. Finally something artistic. I used to draw a lot but sadly I've stopped and my skills are very, very rusty. Happily, Pullips give me something I'm motivated to practice drawing again.

4)Practice photography on them. It's amazing what a state of flow I can get into when I try photographing these dolls! I love that feeling of losing one's sense of time plus I've never been so motivated to improve my photography, and look forward to getting better and better at it.

5)Create Pic-Fics. This one sort of stresses me out. It's really challenging to me because I have a hard time "editing things down", which is a must with Pic-Fics because it takes so long to pose them and photograph them well and then upload those photos and as a good friend told me, Pic-Fics aren't meant to be novels!

6)Customize. I'll keep the characters I plan to eventually make a secret for now XD

7)Sew! I'm excited about eventually trying my hand at sewing outfits for Pullips. It seems like it could be a lot of fun.

I do hope for once I follow through on the things I want to do... Putting everything out there on this blog is a way of "making it official".

*what's good for one person doesn't have to be the same for another. Maybe putting them on a shelf is a good enough reason for someone else, and that's fine if it's what makes them happy. It's just that for me, I need to do something "productive" with them.

If I don't, I'll probably eventually lose interest and sell them all! D:

1 comment: